Alessia Belgi, James V. Burnley, Christopher A. MacRaild, Sandeep Chhabra, Khaled A. Elnahriry, Samuel D. Robinson, Simon G. Gooding, Han-Shen Tae, Peter Bartels, Mahsa Sadeghi, Fei-Yue Zhao, Haifeng Wei, David Spanswick, David J. Adams, Ray S. Norton, Andrea. J. Robinson
|Published||Journal of Medicinal Chemistry|
Several Conus-derived venom peptides are promising lead compounds for the management of neuropathic pain, with α-conotoxins being of particular interest. Modification of the interlocked disulfide framework of α-conotoxin Vc1.1 has been achieved using on-resin alkyne metathesis. Although introduction of a metabolically stable alkyne motif significantly disrupts backbone topography, the structural modification generates a potent and selective GABAB receptor agonist that inhibits Cav2.2 channels and exhibits dose-dependent reversal of mechanical allodynia in a behavioral rat model of neuropathic pain. The findings herein support the hypothesis that analgesia can be achieved via activation of GABABRs expressed in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) sensory neurons.
A. Belgi, J. V. Burnley, C. A. MacRaild, S. Chhabra, K. A. Elnahriry, S. D. Robinson, S. G. Gooding, H. S. Tae, P. Bartels, M. Sadeghi, F. Y. Zhao, H. Wei, D. Spanswick, D. J. Adams, R. S. Norton, A. J. Robinson, “Alkyne-Bridged α-Conotoxin Vc1.1 Potently Reverses Mechanical Allodynia in Neuropathic Pain Models”, J. Med. Chem., 2021, 64(6), 3233-3233.
Hydrocarbons, Peptides and proteins, Organic polymers, Catalysts, Conformation
- [18 F]Ethenesulfonyl Fluoride as a Practical Radiofluoride Relay Reagent
- Bioinspired carrier-free peptide conjugated BF2-oxasmaragdyrin dye-based nano self-assemblies: a photostable NIR cancer theragnostic agent
- Design, Development, In Vitro and Preliminary In Vivo Evaluation of a Novel Photo-Angioplasty Device: Lumi-Solve
- BF2-Oxasmaragdyrin Nanoparticles: A Non-toxic, Photostable, Enhanced Non-radiative Decay-Assisted Efficient Photothermal Cancer Theragnostic Agent
- Synthesis and Studies of Glucosamine Conjugated BF2 -Oxasmaragdyrin
- Cell-Penetrating Peptide-Conjugated BF 2 -Oxasmaragdyrins as NIRF Imaging and Photothermal Agents”
- α-Conotoxin Peptidomimetics: Probing the Minimal Binding Motif for Effective Analgesia
- Alkyne-Bridged α-Conotoxin Vc1.1 Potently Reverses Mechanical Allodynia in Neuropathic Pain Models